Childrens Hunger Relief Fund (CHRF) is a non-profit organisation and promotes the relief of hunger and improved sanitation facilities for the orphans and poor children in Northern and Eastern Sri Lanka. It was founded in 2009 to provide basic needs (milk powder, food, clothing and medical help) for children affected by the war that ended in 2009 in Sri-Lanka. They have gradually expanded their services by providing numerous livelihood projects:
- Constructed over 1000 wells.
- Built homes for destitute families with children.
- Financially supported the construction of a children’s ward and a male ward.
- Constructed a building for cottage industries especially for disabled people.
- Constructed toilets.
- Helped with education in various ways.
- Built a preschool in an under privileged village.
- Created a medical unit and many more community projects.
- Currently they are providing daily meals at an orphanage and providing dry non-perishable food and meals on a monthly basis at other places.
CHRF always seek to give financial support following natural disasters such as flooding, earthquakes in any part of the world. During Covid 19 pandemic, they have helped other charitable organisations in UK, Bangladesh, India and Srilanka.
Grants Awarded to CHRF by One Kind Act
20 January 2020: A grant of £13,202 was made to
provide new equipment and ongoing support for 2 years for the new
preschool facilitated by OKA in 2018.
06 November 2018: A grant of £10000 was made to carry out the construction and funding of a new pre-school for children as part of a new development for the poor.
16 June 2017: A grant of £5000 was made to build/repair wells.
18 June 2016: A grant of £5000 was made to build/repair 10 wells.
One Kind Act Change Communities and lives of others globally who suffer as a result of Poverty of Health, Nutrition and Education and may have Fallen Through The Net of the larger charities. Learn More here