Your One Wish is a UK based charity dedicated to raising funds and granting wishes for vulnerable and disadvantaged children and families around the world. Founded in 2015, Your One Wish is run by a small team of volunteers, using 100% of funds raised to help those in need. The charity raises donations by encouraging volunteers to take part in challenges such as the London Marathon, long-distance bike rides and mountain treks.
Some of their recent local projects include the building of a sensory room in a newly built hospice ‘Noah’s Ark’ in Barnet; funding a 2-day camp for autistic children in Ealing; throwing a ‘celebration of life’ party for a seven-year-old girl who wasn’t expected to live for more than 48 hours; redecorating a paediatric treatment room; stocking the library of a local school with a host of new books, and providing medical equipment to community projects, to allow them to cater for children and young people with disabilities.
During the pandemic crisis here in the UK, they have hand-delivered food to NHS staff; supplied iPads to hospitals so that patients could make calls to loved ones; distributed hundreds of laptops and tablets to children across the UK to allow them to continue with their learning from home throughout lockdown; provided supplies to food banks and co-ordinated the distribution of donated meals and supplies from generous businesses to Soup Kitchens and community hubs.
Internationally, they have provided medical equipment to The One Heart Therapeutic Centre in Ethiopia, who care for severely disabled children, and they continue to send funds to them monthly to cover the cost of food, medication and bills. They have sent vital supplies to vulnerable children and families in Lebanon and Yemen, sourced oxygen concentrators and shipped them to those in desperate need in India to help with the third wave of Coronavirus, and have sponsored the education of a child from a family suffering hardship, in Mumbai.
Grants Awarded to Your One Wish by One Kind Act
- A grant of £5000 was made through the funds raised from the Turkey and Syria earthquake emergency appeal to provide up to 20,000 meals to those affected by the earthquake disaster
- A grant of £5000 was made through the funds raised from the Turkey and Syria earthquake emergency appeal to deliver emergency aid of essential supplies.
- OKA have provided a grant of £1000 through the kind donation of CHRF to help families get through the COVID-19 crisis.
20 September 2021:
- Through our very successful fundraising at One Kind Act's annual flagship event, OKA Garden Summer Party 2021, we are proud to be able to have made a grant of £24,500 for their project of Rebuilding and refurbishment of a primary school in Adhi, Jalandhar, Punjab, India. These funds will allow the extension to the school through the construction of new classrooms and rebuilding existing classrooms. and provision of food, stationary, uniform and other necessary equipment to assist the children in achieving an education, in both the primary and the high school.
- A discretionary grant of £2,000 to provide garden furniture and a shelter for vulnerable young people leaving the social services care system in Hayes, Middlesex.
About One Kind Act
One Kind Act Change Communities and lives of others globally who suffer as a result of Poverty of Health, Nutrition and Education and may have Fallen Through The Net of the larger charities. Learn More here