Mona & Raj Bhogal are delighted to announce their forthcoming event, OKA Summer Garden Party 2017.
Post Event Update
14th August 2017, Richa Varma
The atmosphere was inviting, the decor elegant and the event enchanting and insouciant. On a warm, breezy August day, OKA's third annual garden party was held at committee member Mona Bhogal's sprawling country home.
Seductive jazz by the Aidan Newland Quartet played while cocktails were sipped on the lawns surrounded by old oak trees. The menu was a combination of home-made salads, Indian starters and signature creations from The Connoisseur, followed by a buffet of home- made desserts competing easily with Bake Off
A putting competition, face painting, shisha, and other little games provided some idle, easy activity while guests mingled in the warmth and wondered at the joy of life.
At the same time, money was being raised to build a new mini village of proper homes with sanitation, electricity and running water thousands of miles away for some of the poorest slum dwellers in Sierra Leone in memory of Belu Bhogal. Raj continues his brother's legacy of generosity in helping the needy, facilitated by One Kind Act and Home Leone.
The auction included sporting memorabilia, an Omega watch and a large, hauntingly beautiful painting by acclaimed artist Alejandro Hermann from Spain which garnered enthusiastic bidding to raise thousands of pounds.
With the pledges, the day will expect to have raised well over £25,000 which will go a long way towards building "Belu's homes" in Sierra Leone.
A heartfelt thank you to those who donated the auction items and the raffle prizes and to those who bid so generously. And, thank you, as always, to our wonderful supporters who live their lives, not just with achievement but with a sharing of their prosperity and aspiration with the poverty struck around the globe to ultimately make our world a happier place.
What guests said:
- I'm so impressed and want to make my own albeit small contribution. I will organise a marathon spin class and donate all proceeds to OKA
- Oh my gosh....more food? There has been so much and everything is delicious
- This looks like a worthwhile cause, can we collaborate?
- How am I feeling? My stresses seem so far away, life really is so lovely..I feel priceless
- This living and giving concept....tell me more, I want more if it's like this.
- Can I sponsor your drinks next time....I love how you work
- Please let us know of future events, we want to be there, whatever it is
In the last two summers, individual OKA Associates have hosted a summer garden party in the comfort of their homes. Both have been such an AMAZING success that OKA supporters keep asking for more!
So we are delighted that Mona and Raj Bhogal have been so kind as to host the next OKA summer garden party. It promises to have the same recipe for success….
- Plentiful delicious food and summer wines
- Fun Games & Shisha stalls
- Live Jazz as background music to our ears (played by the Aidan Newland Quartet)
- Crazy poolside antics (even a splash and a leap, if all those present last year can recall!)
- And of course…….a warm, hazy lazy, sunshine day ….we hope!
Please join us. Do also ask friends and family.
Tickets are £40 per person (16 years of age or above) which includes all of the above ALL day.
LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE - SO PLEASE BOOK EARLY.
One Kind Act Changes Communities and lives of others globally who suffer as a result of Poverty of Health, Nutrition and Education and may have Fallen Through The Net of the larger charities. Learn More here