Update 6 8 October 2020
- London Kitchen Community (LCK): £6,000 (which includes £500 from funds received from Lloyds Bank Foundation under their Staff Matched Giving scheme for COVID-19)
- Organising Food For London (OFFL): £5,000
Update 5 3 July 2020
Update 4 9 June 2020
- Children’s Hunger Relief Fund (CHRF), a Sri-Lanka based charity we support, for their very kind donation of £2000 made from their charity reserves. This money has been granted in equal shares of £1000 to a) World Child Cancer to help towards mitigating the impact of Covid 19 in Bangldesh. This will be done through reducing exposure of health care staff to infection, purchasing personal protective equipment (PPE) for them, educating parents so that they know how to protect them b) Your One Wish, a small charity that is preparing and distributing essential family food packs for children and families who are relying heavily on school vouchers which is minimal for making ends meet whilst the children are home for meals all day, everyday during this COVID-19 crisis.
- Karun Soni for donating his artwork to raise monies for LCK. OKA have matched this and have made a further grant of £400 to LCK to help with the continuing crisis of food poverty during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Update 3 23 May 2020
- Organising Food For London (OFFL): £2008 in total to continue helping them to purchase long life provisions and fresh fruit and vegetables. OKA wish to thank a) Children’s Hunger Relief Fund (CHRF), a Sri-Lanka based charity we support, for their very kind donation of £1008 made from their charity reserves and b) OKA Associate, Ritu Soni for her kind donation of £500 in memory of her parents and which has been matched by OKA to £1000.
- London Community Kitchen (LCK): £1350 in total to continue helping them towards providing the hundreds of food parcels and local community cafe they provide for the vulnerable, homeless and the marginalised people of our Harrow community. OKA wish to thank a) one of our regular supporters for her donation of £350 on behalf of charity the Rudy A Menon Foundation (www.rudyamenon.org) and b) OKA Associate, Ritu Soni for her kind donation of £500 in memory of her parents and which has been matched by OKA to £1000.
Update 2 25 April 2020
Update 1 20 April 2020