Alisha Malhotra, in conjunction with One Kind Act and YUVA Unstoppable, is delighted to be able to continue with her Bright Start Program with Improved Lavatories, Handwashing Facilities, Smart Classrooms and Scholarships
'Seven years ago, after suffering a stroke in my mid-twenties, I had to put my teaching career on hold. The work I use to do empowered children to stand on their own two feet. More recently, I returned to education. In partnership with One Kind Act and Yuva Unstoppable, I launched Bright Start - An Educational Scholarship Programme to help some of the brightest but most marginalised children in India. This programme of education, mentoring and support has helped children from 15 years old, through to university and then their first job. It has given them an opportunity they never dreamt possible, that is to pursue academic aspirations and break out of the poverty cycle they find themselves in. I have now enhanced this Programme to allow you to also consider other aspects of the learning experience for so many poor children of India.'
- Refurbish classrooms to facilitate a digital education setup.
- Develop various Bala tools in the classroom keeping in mind their audience of students
- Provide all necessary furniture eg desks, benches in the classroom
- Provide all other infrastructure facilities like water purifiers, library books, playground items, dustbins, etc. as per requirements and the number of students.
- Facilitate Environment-Friendly Campus with Solar Panels to supplement eco-friendly electricity generation, rainwater harvesting to conserve rainwater and improve groundwater level, and beautification of campus via tree plantation.